GREENBRIER FROG JOG
FRIDAY APRIL 27, 2018
Greenbrier PTO’s primary fundraiser and school spirit activity is a run that will take place on the school’s field. Families are invited to come and cheer for their students as they complete laps in both traditional and non-traditional ways. Funds raised from the Greenbrier Frog Jog will be used to support the school by allowing the purchase of additional supplies, books and technology in classrooms and to sponsor activities and educational programs that build and promote an inclusive and active community. If the school reaches its fundraising goal of $10,000, all students will get to participate in a Popsicle on the Playground Party with Principal Cuomo. Top lap runners and fundraisers per grade will receive a certificate and congratulations on the morning announcements.
Come cheer on your students!
K & 1st grade: 9:00-10:00 am
2nd & 3rd grade: 10:00-11:00 am
4th grade : 11:00-12:00 am
VOLUNTEER TO HELP
To help make this event successful, we need your help! If you're available, we encourage you to sign up for one time slot or multiple time slots if you can help throughout the event. A final schedule and detailed instructions will be emailed to all registered volunteers a few days prior to the Frog Jog.
To volunteer, sign up online here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e054baba82eab9-1stannual
HOW TO PLEDGE
How do I access my student’s personal donation page?
- Go to http://www.funrun101.com/greenbrier
- Search for your student’s name in the “Search for Participant” field
- Select their name when it appears and it will take you to their personal donation page
How do I use my student’s personal donation page?
- Copy the link and post it in emails and/or social media to friends and family
- Donors will click the blue “Donate” button and have the option to pledge either a flat amount or per lap
- Monitor the online donations that are made via the personal donation page
THANK YOU OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS!
GOLD SPONSORS ($250 +)
Fox and Brantley Internal Medicine
Greenbrier Neighborhood Association
Nest Realty - Heather Griffith
Scott Wagner Chiropractic
Susan Parmar Photography
SILVER SPONSORS ($150-$249)
CB Richard Ellis
Peter Griffith, Attorney at Law
Sentara Martha Jefferson
BRONZE SPONSORS ($50-$149)
Magical Moments Vacations – Heather Lotter Independent Agent
Ten Course Hospitality/The Whiskey Jar
UVA Community Credit Union
What is the Greenbrier Frog Jog?
- A school-wide event on Friday April 27 in which all students and staff participate.
- A new approach to fundraising that avoids selling products and directs all profits back to the school.
- Greenbrier PTO’s primary fundraiser, where students are encouraged to get pledges and run laps to raise money for Greenbrier PTO programming.
What are the goals of the Greenbrier Frog Jog?
- To raise $10,000 to fund Greenbrier PTO programming, such as teacher grants, books, classroom technology, community-building events, etc.
- To include the entire Greenbrier community in a fun and healthy activity, regardless of a student’s ability to fundraise.
- To be successful enough to make this the primary major Greenbrier fundraiser annually.
What do students do for the Greenbrier Frog Jog?
- Use the online pledge system and/or the pledge envelope to collect sponsors.
- Run/walk a looped track on the school field for 20 minutes on the Greenbrier Frog Jog day. Each session of the Frog Jog takes one hour, with time to get on the field, warm up, run, cool down and have a post-race snack.
- Have a ton of fun, regardless if students have any pledges.
- Help your student get sponsors before the Greenbrier Frog Jog from family, friends, etc.
- Volunteer the day of the Greenbrier Frog Jog.
- Dress your student appropriately for running and the weather the day of the run.
- Support their students with words of encouragement and by cheering from the sideline as they participate in
this fun and healthy fundraising event. Signs, crazy outfits, and noisemakers are welcome!
- Help your student collect pledges and thank their sponsors after the Greenbrier Frog Jog.
What do students get from the Greenbrier Frog Jog?
- An understanding of the fun and importance of exercise.
- An appreciation of teamwork and the strong school unity at Greenbrier.
- A FREE t-shirt and healthy snack on the Greenbrier Frog Jog day.
- A chance to win fantastic prizes.
What about pledges?
- Sponsors can pledge an amount per lap or a set amount for your student and/or for other students
- If your family prefers not to solicit pledge